Sunday, March 25, 2007

Year 3, Day 25: Is It Really A Wonder?

You know, I have always considered myself a marketing guy, and I always appreciate shameless marketing, no matter what. But in my old age I have grown more sensitive to the misleading marketing tactics being used to market shitty products to kids. And Wonder "Kids" (I'm surprised they didn't make it "kidz") really takes the cake. Here, they are taking a product, that for the most part really only appeals to kids anyway (that includes college students and arrested adults who act like kids) and pretending to make a new product that is specifically "For" kids. But if they were really making a product for kids, how about if they could just leave THE HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP AND PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED OILS out of them? Well they didn't. And to make it worse, they don't publish their complete nutritional information on their web site. Very misleading. They only publish the vitamins in their bread, not the ingredients.

Breakfast
Kashi (plus bear naked granola)
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Turkey, Chicken
Salad Feta Balsamic

Snackz
4 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
6 oz Vanilla Stonyfield Yogurt
Peanut Butter, to taste

Dinner
Turkey Crumble
Lettuce Leaves

Another trip to the gym, another 6.25 miles in 65 minutes, slowest in some time. It was a struggle, but I still managed to walk downstairs and do 80 ab crunches. I am starting to like the downstairs gym. I know I will get into the machines. I'm not sure that I'll ever really be into weight lifting. That reminds me of all the psychopaths from my high school. I am not so eager to relive those days.

No comments: