Thursday, March 01, 2007

Year 3 Day 1: Starting All Over Again

I know the weighin at 178 is not objectively a bad thing, but from looking back at my posts, I realize I have been somewhat 'whooping it up' and even though I've been exercising more, a slight return to mindlessly eating Magnolia's toast-crusts and eating chocolate chips at night are not things I should keep doing. So here on day one, a return to a stricter paradigm; to eating only one snack between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner, and to really cool it on the nuts. Even though I went out to lunch today (Sushi 21) I know I've got to get back on track.

Breakfast
Kashi

Snack
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 Fuji Apple

Lunch: Sushi 21
Salad
Soup
Sashimi

Dinner: Pava
Salad of Arugula, Fennel & Prosciutto
Brick Pressed Octopus - fagioli piatella
Grass Fed Beef - gorgonzola dolce, fingerling potato

Of course it's somewhat ironic that day one of year three falls on 'date night' so Emily and I were honor-bound (and babysitter bound) to go out to dinner, though she did suggest playing tennis, neither of us had the desire to get dressed up in shorts to sweat when the weather was below freezing. We went to a new restaurant in Newton whose claim to fame seems to be that it is nearly indistinguishable from the nouvelle clothing store it shares its entrance with. Though I liked the food, its atmosphere was like that of an unfinished children's pottery studio with painted white walls and the total bill was outrageous. We shan't be going back.

1 comment:

Mom said...

One of the big advantages of the blog and there are many....is that you can go back over them and review what's been happening. I have said also, that just recording what you eat...is such an important help...making denial much more difficult....So how is Sushi 21? Love, MOM