Friday, March 23, 2007

Year 3, Day 23: Sifting through the rubble and poker

Of course, the day after the disaster you are sifting the rubble, looking for meaning, and trying to understand what happened. Probably not doing either with the proper intensity, or really well. But when you can't die you have to live, so on goes the battle. The best thing is to just take a deep breath and move on. After all, in the words of my mother-in-law, "no one lost a leg." I always liked that saying. I thought it drew the line at a properly tragic and comic place. I'm not sure what the discussion where you determine what's just UNDER losing a leg is. I tried to keep things on track with the typical breakfast (see Breakfast Rut) and lunch. Continued to have a bit of a suppressed appetite. Having poker to look forward was a plus.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Russo's ($5.07)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
2 beef jerky
1 apple

Dinner/Poker/Snacks
almonds & cashews
pistachios
Boston Lite Popcorn

Chinese:
2 moo shi pork
man yan beef
string beans
kung pao chicken
Szechwan pork
boneless spareribs
beef teriyaki

A lot went kind of wrong though, en route to poker, showing me that this was a week of problemitization. (I know that's not a word, but it came up in a previous life as we brought it into work and it became the standard funny way to discuss things that went wrong). I left a lot of things I wanted to bring to the card game at home on my porch, and I was quite distracted all night. Is that why I lost at cards? At the end of the night we drove off and I had forgotten my keys and I had to go back. Did I mention I ate my weight in nuts? Yes well the world could be falling apart and some things don't change.

No comments: