Monday, March 12, 2007

Year 3, Day 12: Eat This, Not That


So you've been reading my blog, and maybe, just maybe, you feel like you've gotten smarter about what you're putting in your mouth. But have you really? The fast-food shops and marketers of the world are still out there, trying to trick you into buying and eating things that are less healthy than they appear to me. If you don't believe me, and you have a few minutes, go to this Web site: Eat This, Not That. I did well. How will you do?

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
30 Pistachios
3 cups Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Russo's ($5.67)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, broccoli slaw
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Breast of Chicken
Bok Choy
Broccoli

I have to say I'm a big fan of the magazine called Men's Health. I don't read it much unless I'm in the airport or taking a train trip, but whenever I do I'm glad. It has a lot of very good information that's both interesting and actionable. It is funny, but not frivolous like its multitude of counterparts on the newsstand that live on only to show revealing pictures of women in various states of undress. Now there's nothing wrong with that, but I do like my health straight up.

No comments: