Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Year 2, Day 236: The Scientist

Emily bought me a pound of ham from Whole Foods and so now I am honor-bound to eat it every morning before it gets too slimy to eat. In my new SoBe life I am finding it more important not to waste food. In my old life I was a big food waster, and in two different ways. One, I would ALWAYS order more than I could eat and that went especially for Chinese or Barbecue or any meal where you're eating family style. But I was also a food waster in the way that I stored food I had no intention of ever eating. For the most part, I detest all leftovers, with the exception of turkey crumble, and perhaps deli meat. It was always the argument that 'someone might want this.' So wherever I lived there were lots of 'science experiments' in the fridge. It took me quite a while to break that habit, and to some degree, I am still putting away things that I'll never eat, but now I have a new generation that 'might eat it.'

Breakfast
5 slices of Virginia Ham
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
Green Tea

Snack
Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Sticks of Beef Jerky

Lunch: Chang Shin Yahn
Hot and Sour Soup
Chun King Pork
Green Beans and Pork

Roasted, Salted Pumpkin Seeds

Dinner:
Shrimp
Asparagus
Hamburger

The thing about the second kid is that they want everything the first kid has and you have to wait until they're old enough to understand why they can't have ice cream to withhold it from them. In the meanwhile, it's VERY hard not to eat the kid's ice cream and cone when it's just laying there, because one or both of them are having a tantrum about when they got or didn't get said ice cream. I'm not saying that happened tonight, I'm just saying it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

When did you develop a taste for ham? But if it's SOBE friendly I'm all for it. Many of us have the same dilemma about throwing food away. But every once in a while things taste better the second day...Lasagne is one...and meatloaf another. So go know. Love to all. MOM