Thursday, October 05, 2006

Year 2, Day 216: iPod Problems

Courtesy of my Mom, for my birthday, I got a new video iPod. Weeks later, wouldn't you know it, they upgraded the whole line. No matter, I was very happy with what I had as it was smaller and had a larger capacity than my previous one. Also, it could play videos which I thought would be good in the gym, which so far it isn't. That could be a programming issue— we'll see. But before going home for the holiday I foolishly tried to upgrade it to the latest software so I could download an episode of "Fairly Oddparents" for Ruby, should we find ourselves without an appropriate distraction. This update caused my iPod to totally fitz out, necessitating lots of restarting on the elliptical in New York, erasing the hard drive, a call to tech support, and sadly, a boxing up and returning to Apple. In my Aileen-inspired to quest to get something for this breach of product-working etiquette I sought out customer support, who may or may not reward with me a set of Apple coffee mugs. Stay tuned.

Breakfast
kashi go lean
heritage flakes
banana
blueberries
green tea

snack
4 beef jerky
2 oz 50% cheddar

lunch
boca grande burritos (the oddly named Colorado chicken)
with vegetables, guacamole, salsa hot sauce and black beans.
8 chips and salsa

dinner
chicken
asparagus
broccoli

As a group of workers, we have been going out in the nearby Allston neighborhood to try and discover new places. Today we went to Boca Grande (a burrito joint) because one of my employees 'won' a free lunch just for giving our name to a financial advisor. Though none of us wanted for financial advice, we did want for burritos. I suggested to the group that we could all pony up the $4 for the burrito and go without the advice, but there is something so powerful about a free lunch, so I joined in. This was a good burrito, but in my opinion, not better than Anna's, which I promised to take everyone to the following week.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, I don't think I've ever had a burrito. But no matter Sorry for the iPod difficulties. Hope it's fixed soon. Happy Anniversary to you an Em! Love, MOM P.S. I'm writing this on the llth.

Anonymous said...

-Mom

I think I have seen you eat a burrito. It was at Ruby's birthday party. There were burritos everywhere except in the moonwalk. You couldn't have missed them.

-Rob

What day are you and the gang going to Anna's?