Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Year 2, Day 229: Lots of Pork

I left my original title even though on reflection, it's not at all true. I thought, "I had ham for breakfast, bbq for lunch and white-meat pork cutlets for dinner." But in fact I had brisket for lunch (which is from a cow) and turkey cutlets for dinner, but they were done in the style which Emily usually makes pork cutlets. So a stupid title, but relevant to the current political season. So I left it.


Breakfast
4 Slices of Ham (a little dicey on the sell-by date)
1 slice Balthazar Rye
Green Tea

Snacks
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
30 Almonds
4 Pieces Beef Jerky

Lunch: Blue Ribbon BBQ
Brisket
Red Braised Cabbage (with apples and bacon, though I saw little evidence of either)
Green Beans
Pickles

Dinner:
Turkey Cutlets
Sauteed Peppers
Cabbage Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette and Parmesan

I took the Domania Gang to Blue Ribbon BBQ today after several meetings where we all discussed it, and frankly, drooled over it. I got the brisket, which is pretty plain and though I was refused a big green salad as a side, I improvised and got the braised red cabbage (yummy) and green beans. Under the cover of getting everyone to try a piece, I managed to give several large pieces of brisket away to my comrades, thereby limiting my portion, which is necessary because it's very, very, very hard to walk away from a Blue Ribbon portion of anything. Continue to do a little out-of-control snacking (including 30 almonds).

1 comment:

Mom said...

Jealous of your Blue Ribbon meal. Still dreaming of the chicken caesar wrap....oh well. it was so cold today that that I acutally wore gloves......(10/24/06) Catching up on the blogs...Love MOM