Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Year 2, Day 222: North Korea Spurs Fast Walking


Things in the world seem at times to go from bad to worse, and I'm never sure whether I'm in the 'there's a balance that will return to save the world' or "Oh God, it's just like in that movie The Day After with Jason Robards." Without food as a crutch, I know I have to channel my anxiety into something and that often includes a fast walk. If nothing else, it was one of the beautiful days of fall and of the week (there was rain in future predictions for the week).

Breakfast
2 Soft Boiled Eggs
1 Slice Balthazar Bread

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 sticks beef jerky

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Chicken Kebab Salad

Dinner:
Leftover Chicken
Habanero Cole Slaw
Steamed Broccoli

Skippy came out with a product called ironically, "Skippy Natural." On its label it proudly declares "No Need to Stir." This is presumably because fans of all-natural peanut butter know it arrives in need of stirring to combine its natural oil and peanuty goodness. Both for my blog-readers and my own naturaly curiosity, I purchased some. I got it home and instantly put it up against the Teddie brand of smooth peanut butter. Funny, I noticed it was higher in sugars and a few other things. Then I noted in its ingredients: sugar. That explains why there's no need to stir. The Whole Kids brand of peanut butter, that was previously my favorite, was also of the no-stir variety. The sugar helps bind all the ingredeints so no stirring is needed. But last time I checked, peanut butter is really made of crushed peanuts. Skippy "Natural" my arse.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good watching of ingredients. We should all be doing it. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, I react to sugar so I find it whether I read the package labeling or not. But good for you...and nice idea from last blog about the yourt in the schools. Great! Love, MOM