Thursday, October 12, 2006

Year 2, Day 224: First Trip to Russo's?

Unbelievably, today (Thursday) marked my first trip to Russo's this week. Therefore, you know two things about my week: one, it probably has more calories than usual, and two, the eating is worrisome. A lot of people (including me in my old life) can point to stress leading to eating. Now I am starting to see that equation turned around; if I'm not eating well, it stresses me out. See previous posts about addiction to nuts.

Breakfast
2 Eggs (+1 Yolk)
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
Green Tea

Snack
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno cheddar
Coffee
4 Sticks Beef Jerky

Lunch: Russo's ($5.40)

Dinner
Emily's Turkey Crumble
with Cabbage Leaves
Hamburger Bites
Cabbage Salad

(Bites of: Apple Sauce, Coffee Yogurt)

With Magnolia nearing her second birthday, she is becoming more and more of an independent person. While parents hope and work towards this outcome, it can also be frustrating when this new independence manifests itself in the repeated behavior of asking for a banana only to refuse it. Ditto, similar requests to open other non-closable items such as squeezie yogurts, apple sauces, and the like, which inevitably lead to certain parents having to eat (pretending to eat no longer a working scheme) some of said item to get said children interested. While I don't panic like I used to, I don't really want or need the extra calories, but I suppose I'm going to have to grin, eat and bear it for a while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Which is harder to believe: you ate some COFFEE yogurt, to entice Magnolia to eat some. Or, coffee yogurt comes in a squeezie variety.

Plus, I can't believe she's almost two!

Tell us more about Emily's Turkey Crumble. You have hinted at giving the recipe.

Alice