Saturday, October 07, 2006

Year 2, Day 218: Fran's 50th Birthday

I worked for Fran for six years and tonight was her 50th birthday party. It's all people that I have seen over the years at other parties and Emily and I had a sitter and went at 7:30. It was really the first time since my 40th birthday that we "went out for the night, all night" in Boston. It was a swell party (what a swell party that was). There was lots of food (which we ate), lots of people (who we talked to) and lots of wine (which I drank) and lots of dessert (which I didn't have any of but admired from a far). Though the incredible food was a night-long distraction, there were a few people that hadn't seen me since probably 2002 or 2003 that were very surprised at the way I looked. I suppose that is the one part about losing weight that you never get tired of. I mean, if someone said to me "name the benefits of losing weight," I don't think I would say "people saying I look great" in the top five, but maybe it's number six. Is it wrong to enjoy that? I certainly have been enjoying it, and I suppose in that way it is a great reinforcement against recidivism.

Breakfast
2 Eggs,
3 Strips of Turkey Bacon

Snack
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1/2 oz Popcorn
Almonds & Cashews
Coffee
1 piece rye vita

Lunch:
Romaine Salad, Tuna, Red Peppers, Balsamic Vinegar, Almonds

Dinner:
Broccoli & Cauliflower
Tenderloin Slice
Spiral Ham Slices
Cheese/Grapes Plate
Shrimp & Cocktail Sauce
Asparagus
Brussel Sprouts
2 Glasses Red Wine

For the second night in a row, it was a top-heavy meal day, with the bulk of the calories coming at the end of the night. We tried to limit the eating, but there was so much good, SoBe friendly stuff served by our hosts that it was kind of hard to keep it in check. And parties tend to be difficult for everyone— even a few people who claimed they hadn't 'known it was a dinner party' after an hour grabbed plates and ate a lot of dinner. It was just that tempting. And I thought, I've got to go to the gym tomorrow. Repeat after me: Must go to gym tomorrow...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, Life has these moments when food really accessorizes a wonderful evening. How great that a lot of it was SoBe friendly. Glad you had a good time. Love, MOM