Saturday, May 20, 2006

Year 2, Day 82: Dim Sum

The day after poker is usually a slow-paced day, both from a physical movement as well as an eating perspective. Dim Sum, in theory is perfect for me because it allows you to eat a lot of different kinds of things, but there is not too much of any one thing. Of course, the wildly obvious downside is that everything is a carb. If it's not a carb, like Crab claws, it is deep fried. If it's not a carb like red beans, they add carbs to it. It's really an exercise in caution, but mostly, in suspending nine of out of ten tenets of the South Beach diet. On the plus side, we didn't really have any dinner.

Breakfast
3 Eggs over easy
1/2 Chicken Chorizo Sausage Link
Coffee

Snack
Strawberries
1 6 oz V-8.

Lunch/Dim Sum
Crab Claw
Eggplant with Shrimp
Pork Bun
Teriyaki Beef Stick

Dinner
Salad
Spinach
1 Bite of Hamburger
1 Bite of Ham
2 Bites Beef Stew

I can't remember the last time since I've been on the diet that I ate so much that I still wasn't hungry at the next meal. I'm not sure that's a very good thing, but I know that I desperately need to go the gym tomorrow. I noticed, with some concern that there are not a lot of vegetarian options on the Dim Sum menu. I'm glad we only do Dim Sum about once a year!

1 comment:

Mom said...

But once a year is very nice indeed. Looking forward to seeing you all. Love, MOM