Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Year 2, Day 78: Whoa Boy

Fresh off my 'success' I have a big breakfast and realize I better watch it or I'll be right back where I was. Since I'm used to having eggs and meat, if I'm going to have bread, I'm going to have it be a substitute for one of them, not an addition. I could probably eat the bread plain, it's just that good. I still struggle with how to vary my diet. If I was a five-star chef, I'd be having great breakfasts that include squash. But personally, I hate squash, so it's back to eggs. I used to eat peanut butter and bread, but then I'd have no snack to look forward to. I'm very wary about introducing too many carbs like popcorn or fruits like apples or sugars like yogurt back into the mix. Let's see if I can break the 180s. I think it's basically two weeks more on Phase One plus bread from here on in.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
2 Soft-Boiled Eggs
2 Slices Ham

Snack
1 Medium Dunkin Donuts Coffee (half decaf)
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Celery Stalks, 2 Tablespoons S.C. Peanut Butter

Lunch:
Greek Salad
The Inside of 1/2 a chicken sandwich
the inside of 1/2 a ham & cheese sandwich

Dinner:
Emily's Sesame Salmon
Leeks

Then there's the whole meat controversy. Well, it's misleading to call it call it a controversy. It's really my desire to disbelieve the facts that red meat and pork are higher in calories than chicken and seafood. Sure I know it's true, but I don't want to believe it. That's the controversy. This Friday is poker, the ever-looming diet-buster, followed our neighborhood's traditional dim sum luncheon, where I will be tested by having delicious, carby things foisted upon me. I only hope, in the slightly hung-over AM, I am able to resist.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That bread is so good that it really doesn't need anything on it at all. Quite a find! Love, MOM