Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Year 2, Day 72- I Miss Cookie Dough

Continued days without walking or exercise is making me a little bit nuts. Add to that stress at work, and rainy, cold days and you've got yourself a full-blown snit. As I write this I am very glad tomorrow is Thursday, and I'm not usually one of those TGIF guys. I want to exercise. I want to walk. I don't want to feel blah, which I feel now. I must get back to the gym on Saturday/Sunday.

Breakfast
2 Eggs (Broke Yolk)
75% of 1 Chicken Chorizo Sausage link
Tea

Snack
1 Celery with Peanut Butter
1 Plain Celery Stalk
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Whole Foods Coffee (Half Decaf)
10 Roasted, but Unsalted Almonds

Lunch: Russo's ($5.47)
Red leaf, red lettuce, red onion
chicken, broccoli, chick peas, celery
feta, oil & vinegar

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Asparagus
Salad

Tonight I thought about how I miss cookie dough. Raw cookie dough, plain, from the supermarket. Sure, you can make it, but then you're eating raw eggs. I like it when it comes from the supermarket all chemical-y and safe. For a long time I always ordered cookie dough ice cream, but after years I stopped because I realized the only reason I was ordering it was because I loved cookie dough. But I would end up eating all this vanilla ice cream, which is always used as a base. Also, they were always so cheap on the cookie dough AND the cookie dough was usually not very good. So I quit because it didn't make sense to order that kind of ice cream for the cookie dough. So then I was back to chocolate peanut butter until I discovered Crescent Ridge Moose Tracks, and then Soy Delicious, which we give to the kids (but in fairness, we also give them Haagen-Dazs—don't call DSS).

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oksy we won't but be careful. The habits, as you have discovered that you start as a child are very hard to break as you grow older So even more kuddo's to you for your establishing your own new beachfront of life. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I am responding here to the last few posts:

1) Rolled on floor clutching sides in laughter from the memory of 16 churros and the look on the faces of the people we tried to give them to

2) Same from Tuesdays With Teddy

3) Same, same, same from being a suburban dork in elevator silence with your potentially explosive propane tank

4) When do you start putting 4 raisins on the peanut butter on the celery?