Sunday, May 07, 2006

Year 2, Day 68: Saturday's Alright for Fighting

Though there are many amazing things about having lost 35+ lb, one thing I am constantly marveling at is how I'm eating things that I just never ever thought I would eat. I remember specifically thinking "I cannot eat Celery and Peanut Butter." No kidding, really, I thought that, several times, as it has long been presented as viable snack alternative for dieters. I never thought that I could drink black coffee. Yet, here I am, doing both of those things every single day.

Breakfast
2 Eggs
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Lunch
Salad: Romaine, Cabbage, Feta, Tuna

Snack
Celery Stick with Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Coke Zero

Dinner
Breast of Chicken
Broccoli
Peppadews

Rereading the South Beach Diet book today (as church-goers might consult their book) I came across the passage entitled "I've cleaned out my medicine closet." Indeed. I realize that with maybe three or four exceptions, I have nearly eliminated the need for most of the medicines I used to take regularly, and some close to daily, like Advil. I also don't have to take bayer aspirin any more, because my fear of heart attack has completely subsided. For those of you who weren't in my deepest, most neurotic circle, I did pick up quite a fear of that. Stoked by both my added weight, terrible diet and sedentary lifestyle, I used to joke from about age 31 on that I was going to have a heart attack, but within a few years and maybe twenty pounds it started not to seem like such a stretch. I'm not necessarily at my goal weight yet but it sure feels good to be out of them 'heart attack' woods.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hurray for you. THat's how I like to hear you talk. There's not doubt that your life is so much more heart healthy now. Great! Love, MOM