Monday, May 15, 2006

Year 2, Day 77: Detecto Says "185"— Again

Though Donna, the friendly nurse insisted it was "183-ish" and reminded me that I should subtract a pound for clothes. I can honestly say my clothes probably weigh a pound, but I've never really subtracted for them, so unless I'm desperate, or about to start lying to you readers, I can say that it was 185. That's a relief. I can live with that. I need to live with that. It's good to be back.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread (YUMMMY)
2 slices Whole Foods Virginia Ham
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Snack
1 LARGE Dunkin Donuts Coffee (Half Decaf)
1 Joy Stick
3 Stalks Celery, 2 with 2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter

Lunch: Chinese
Spicy Green Beans with Chicken
House Special Egg Drop Soup with Chicken, Shrimp and Tofu

Dinner
Emily's Lightly Fried Chicken Breast
Krazy Kabbage
Guaca-Em-Mole

Now that I'm back to my Year 2 success weight, I suppose I can see how I went astray. I started adding just way too much stuff back too often and in volumes that were too big. I was having about four or five bananas a week on top of all that cereal, and bread. I was having soy milk in my coffee and nearly every day I was having a plain yogurt with peanut butter. And every day I was having more peanut butter. Longtime readers know that my goal is to both get into the 170s and to add more regular exercise to my regimen. It took me nearly 14 years to get so far out of shape that I feared for my life, and just a year to get into the best shape of my life. My sign is Cancer, which means I move sideways, slowly. I need to do things deliberately if they are to last, so in terms of this whole healthy lifestyle thing, I'm just getting warmed up. Unless we go to war with another country (I won't name any). If that happens, I'm buying up the cookie dough. Until then, it's vive la celery!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? No Lunch?

bloomeanie said...

I've added the lunch back in.

Mom said...

That's the spirit! A life plan is a life plan and you have made such a fine one. Onward exercise and I hope you will never have to reach for the cookie dough. Love, MOM