Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Year 3, Day 178, Vineyard, Day 5

Could be the worst SoBe diet day in three years. Yet, that has kind of a majestic poetry to it, too. After all, where would you want to go hog wild if not on vacation, and where would you expect your worst day to come in a seven day vacation, but right about in the middle? The only thing that can be offered up is that I went for a three mile bike ride this morning, and did my 40 situps also. Though I think I'll need a few days in the gym to recoup from this one.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snackz
3 Handfuls of Go Lean Crunch!
1 Bite of Balthazar Bread with Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1 Bag Microwave Popcorn
Cashews

Lunch
Meat of a Lobster Roll
Greek Salad
10 French Fries with ketchup

Dinner
Steak Tips
Cabbage Salad

Dessert
1 Ice cream cone (Reese & Death by Chocolate)

Emily's sister and her family went home today, which was kind of sad because it meant we were going to be alone on the island, which really meant we were going to have get more into the routine and less 'let it all hang out.' We were able to take it easy because where we were situated, Ruby was able to walk over to her Aunt's place, which was pretty swinging when you wanted to take a nap or something. We bravely soldiered on, and had lunch at a GREAT place called the Right Fork diner which is everything you want in a diner. I could have done with a little air conditioning and a few less flies, but otherwise perfect. I did however eat a lot of french fries which made me feel bad.

THEN Emily wanted to take the girls for ice cream (which had been the habit all week) so we all drove the six miles to Oak Bluffs and went to Richardson's where they did indeed have some of the yummiest ice cream I have ever had. I begged the Ukrainian dipper boy not to 'overscoop me' but he insisted saying "you can eat it, you can eat it." How could I explain to him that my ability to eat it was not in question? I paid for the four cones and we all sat in the slightly cool ocean air, licking away in silence. Ruby and Magnolia both helped me finish my enormous cone as we watched tourists and locals mix it up.

We're on vacation.

No comments: