Sunday, August 19, 2007

Year 3, Day 168: No Sunday Workout

Spent $300 at Whole Foods. That's a record even for me, though probably not anywhere close for the store. We realized we really had to get to ready to go away. I wasn't sure I would have another no-pressure time there. So I took my time and thought really hard about what I needed. And yes, of course, the answer was: A LOT OF NUTS.


Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee
+ crusts of a slice of Balthazar rye bread with butter

Lunch
BBQ pulled chicken
salad

Dinner at Neighbor's:
2 Chicago style sausage with cheese
1 Omaha-Steak-Hambuger
Peppadews
2 tortilla chips
1,5 ears of corn
a few carrots with hummus
2 Bubbie's Pickles

Dessert
1 slice of crisp

Made two pies with my not-ready-for-primetime-fruit: old blueberries, cherries about to go bad, a peach I almost threw away, a soft nectarine and a plum Magnolia took a bite of in Whole Foods. One was a pie, one was a crisp. THey were a hit. The pie disappeared quickly, and half the crisp was left over.

No comments: