Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Year 3, Day 155: Almond Monday and a loud tsking noise

Compared to a lot of previous 100-almond Mondays, this wasn't so bad. However, when you compare it to any other day, it was a nut disaster. There really only is one secret to overindulgence when all self-discipline fails: abstinence.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
4 oz sliced turkey
65 ALmonds
1.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
2 Sticks Beef Jerky

Lunch: Russo's ($5.73)
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner: Legal Seafoods
1 bite of Tuna Sashimi
mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette
wild salmon with tomato, artichoke
asparagus

We ate at Legal Seafoods and because of my heavy snacking, I decided to bypass the traditional wave of appetizers and just order an entree. Though it originally came with a 'mushroom risotto cake', they were out of it, which is good because it was deep fried and I wouldn't have eaten it anyway. I asked to have a salad substituted- the mixed greens with goat cheese. The waitress asked me twice if I meant goat cheese and I answered in the affirmative. Amazingly, I got an appetizer salad AND a side salad (which was mysterious) but neither of them came with cheese. I realized I probably lucked out anyway, and just ate quietly.

No comments: