Saturday, August 04, 2007

Year 3, Day 153: Dessert Out of Control

In a another fit of baking on gym workout day (3 laps in pool, 6 miles on elliptical 100 ab crunches) I attempt to make a coffee cake. I am obsessed with making a coffee cake and I want it to taste exactly like the Boston Coffee Cake and the Sara Lee coffee cake and they are both really totally different, so I must keep trying. Fine crumb or yeasty layery thing? I remain afraid of yeast. I'll need a master class to take it on. Maybe Jane, my sister-in-law will teach me. At night I attempted a recipe from Gourmet magazine, which was quite nearly a total failure.

breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

preworkout snack
1 big slice of coffee cake

lunch
tuna romaine, cabbage, feta

pool snacks
1 bag boston lite popcorn
hot grapes
1 oz peanuts

various snack
2 oz 50% jalapeno cheddar
10 Tamarind Almonds

dinner
two remainders of pizza slices (make at home, 8 inch)
caesar salad
chicken with cashews

dessert
funky chunky popcorn
more cake

Realizing I was going to have to go to surgery, I bought a $14 container of funky chunky popcorn, which aside from being a shameless copy of Dale & Thomas original, is fantastic and impossible to stop eating. I have successfully hidden it in the house, but unfortunately now it has gone stale, so what was a savings in calories was a waste of hard-earned dollars. But even the small bit I had was so so worth it.

No comments: