Monday, August 27, 2007

Year 3, Day 176: Vineyard Day Three

The house has two floors and it's kind of a strange setup since the stairway divides the house in a way that we couldn't get used to. We often walked around it several times trying to find it. It might sound silly, but I suspect if a house-psychologist examined the house they might conclude that it violates the CIPU (Clear if previously understood) principle--they put the stairs in the wrong place. This was a bad night of sleep, we tried to let Ruby sleep on a different floor from us. She wasn't ready. In the middle of the night we had to carry a mattress of a flight of windy stairs. I couldn't get too upset, since we expected it.

Breakfast Kashi
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
A few bites of cookie, coffee cake and cinnamon roll

Lunch:
Breast of Chicken, Salad, 1 ear grilled corn

Snacks
Popcorn, Salea Snacks

Dinner:
Hamburger, Salad

Post dinner
A few bites of lobster out of a lobster roll, some tuna, a bite of cracker
2 glasses wine, 2 squares chocolate

Every morning, I do the same thing. I get up, put my shoes on and make my way to the Katama Market, which is the greatest place in the whole world. Now you could argue that anyone who goes to Martha's Vineyard and loves a store not some kind of nature is a philistine, plain and simple, and that would be me. I got a cinnamon roll for Ruby since I am a junk food mule but they smelled so good and she DID love them. I continue to cook on the grill. Later in the day, we took a trip to Menemsha and Dutcher Dock to watch the sunset with Emily's sister and family. It was beautiful but we were foiled in our dinner plans because we wanted to eat at "Bite", reportedly the 'best clam shack in the world' or at least on the Island. However, they have a very hostile paradigm: they close at sundown. Actually, Emily and I had fed ourselves and the girls before we left because two years ago on the trip back Ruby was so hungry she nearly passed out and I think we were eating five year old life savers from the bottom of a car seat.

With "Bite" closed, we disappointedly walked back to the actual dock and bought a few things to eat. Ruby ate the local lobster shop out of crackers and we bought some tuna salad which she devoured.

No comments: