Saturday, August 11, 2007

Year 3, Day 160: Primos Via the Bubbling Brook

For the first time since I started the diet, and only time I can remember when I have not been sick, I was not hungry when I woke up this morning. So I did the only natural thing: I didn't eat. It took about two hours until I was ready. Then we didn't have lunch until nearly 2pm-- and dinner at 7pm. Not surprisingly, there were no snacks today, which again, excepting sickness, is the only time I can ever remember that happening.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Quebec'n Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Tilapia a la Em
Salad with Feta & Almonds

Dinner: Primo's
Mixed Field Greens with Balsamic
Pollo Espinche

Emily, my niece and the kids wanted to go to the Bubbling Brook for dinner. Since it's in Westwood, we decided to find a nice restaurant down there we could go to en route. We figured if all the places were bad along the way we'd just eat there. It's a Howard Johnson type place, hamburgers and fried clams. As it turned out, the last place we visited before that plan took place was Primo's-- an Italian restaurant that absolutely had not one visitor. We practically surprised the staff who claimed the absence of ANY patrons was simply "Westwood in August." The chicken was dipped in egg and fried- not advertised on the menu- but the food was good. Then we went for ice cream, which I wisely demurred.

No comments: