Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Year 2, Day 326: Medical Woes

I have wanted to get weighed in for January, but I sensed since my Doctor had moved, I better make an appointment. As it is, it's time for my checkup and I am getting on in years so it seemed like a good idea. I needed to meet my new doctor and I didn't want to just stop by without knowing everything was OK. Turns out it was good that I called for an appointment. Apparently, they don't know who I am and they are not accepting any new patients. So I suppose my monthly check-ins before work are going to be a thing of the past, because those people near my office are no longer my medical representatives. Bummer. I had really wanted to get weighed in because sometimes I have totally lost my bearings about whether I am off the charts, cruising along or even losing weight. There are few other reputable scales around, so this means I will have to return to Dr. Parent, which means making an appointment and going to Norwood, which between you and me I have no idea where it is.

Breakfast
1.5 Slices of Jane's Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
40 Almonds

Lunch: Won Ton Kitchen
Chicken with Green Beans
House Special Egg Drop Soup

Dinner
Hamburger
Asparagus
Salad with Avocado

Today's other woes were that the school nurse found "nits" on Ruby, meaning that she has pre-lice. There was a big lice notice going around the school, and we got it. Emily told me this after I came out of a stressful meeting, and you know what? I just dove off the nut-diving board into the nut pool and went for a nut-swim, until I came out nutty.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Everybody goes through the "lice" business. THe medicines to get rid of even prelice are so much better than what we used to have. Nuts can be a consolation. Love, MOM