Monday, January 22, 2007

Year 2, Day 325: A Little More Normal

Well it's been a few weeks of slippery sliding (especially where nuts are concerned) but today I made an honest-to-goodness effort to get back to will power. Even though my salad weighed in at a whopping $5.77, I couldn't finish it during my lunch sitting, so I brought it to my office to eat as a snack later. Unfortunately, I also spilled about half the remaining salad on the ground (and my floor is no place to eat from) so there was a calorie savings. I was no monk of food, but it was a nearly nut-free day (I had some peanut butter while preparing Emily's toast this morning).

Breakfast
2 Soft Boiled Eggs +1 Hard Yolk
1 Slice of Jane's Walnut/Whole Wheat Bread
1 small bite of peanut butter
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
3 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Russo's ($5.77)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner:
Tilapia
Fried Onions
Cauliflower

Some mornings I find it very difficult not to eat any more after I'm done with breakfast. It's especially hard when I make hard boiled eggs for Magnolia and she doesn't like the yellow part. I always end up eating at least one of her yolks. I figure it's not as bad as finishing Ruby's peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, waffles with syrup, or pop-tart crusts, as I have done in the past, and for SOOOOOO long.

1 comment:

Mom said...

How does Magnollia know not to like the yellow part of the egg...my personal favorite, rich in cholesterol....oh well. I'm impressed with your bravery on the "nut" front. Looking to seeing you all soon. Love, MOM