Friday, January 19, 2007

Year 2, Day 322 Day of 100 Nuts

For God's sake I need an intervention. Today the nuts just got to me. There is a lot of stuff going on at work. I am very stressed out. I am staring at the nuts all day on my desk. And then hell, I just cracked. Wide open. Like a walnut.

Breakfast
2 Slices Balthazar Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
Coffee

Snack
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
100 Nuts (45 Almonds, 35 Cashews, 20 Pistachios)

Lunch: Russo's ($5.61)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, broccoli slaw
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
A few pieces of steak and chicken with onions, peppers
snow peas, string beans
1.5 slices of Jane's Bread

My sister-in-law Jane came today and she made a bread of all whole grains and very low in sugar. It is absolutely fabulous. She made four loaves. It's quite a bit like the Balthazar bread, but can you believe it, I think they may use more sugar. In any case, it's made from walnuts (like that's all I need, more nuts) and other great things and it's very dense and filling. She baked four loaves and so we froze three and we'll go through them one at a time.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I think we need the recipe for the nut bread on this blog. As for control of the nuts...plan A is don't buy them in quanity. Plan B is don't buy them at all. It was probably easier to deal with the ants....Heston just built a wall of fire...and after all it was fiction. Love, MOM

Don in CA said...

We have all the nuts we can handle out here in CA! Just hope that yours are unsalted.........

By the way, do you really COUNT 'em? I just reach in the big container (we mix our own) and gram 'em by the fistful.

Too bad there's no chewing gum for nut addicts.