Friday, December 30, 2005

Day 305: Chanukah Night Five

The first day I'm waking in Boston in a week feels very good, even though Emily has a mysterious hacking cough that I'm starting to develop also. I'm scheduled to go work today and somewhere in the back of my mind I'm trying to get to the gym, or go for a walk or do something. Of course, it's raining cats and dogs and so I focus on just trying to get to work, which turns out to be an olympic activity in itself. On balance, the Rye from Balthazar is good, but if you're not eating it fresh, the multi-grain has it all over.

Breakfast
Two Slices of Balthazar Rye Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 Almonds/Cashews
1 Dunkin Donuts Medium Coffee (Half-decaf)
3 Dried Peaches
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese
30 Pistachios
1 6 oz. Yoplait yogurt
1 pink lady apple

Lunch
1 6 oz Can of Tuna
1 Joy Stick

Dinner
Cheeseburger (93% Sirloin)
Pickles, Peppadews
Salad a la Molly

By the time I got to work it was near lunch time. Having spent most of the morning just trying to get there, I could not turn around and go to lunch (and as you can read by the above description, the deluge continued) so I just concentrated on drinking my coffee (a must for a return-to-work day) and snacks and tried to plow through some items that badly needed my attention. By 1:30 I needed to eat and there's little in the kitchen, so I opted for a can of tuna, straight from the can. It reminded me of the Garfield comic (back when it was funny—can anyone remember that?) where he was eating coffee straight from the can and said "Why dilute it?" By the time I got home I tanked up on snacks. I am missing dessert.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like yuo are back in the saddle and back to work. Good for you. HOpe Emily is feeling better and that you and the kids don't come down with whatever it is. Going back to work is the pits...but it does earn us a living which is important. I managed to take Monday and Friday off this week. Playing in a bridge tournament today. Love, MOM
PS Marnie sent enough Pepadews to keep me supplied for the next year. I'm happy to have them. Love, MOM