Sunday, December 04, 2005

279: A Day of Shopping

Ruby and I got up and because we needed to get Costco pronto, we vamoosed out of the house as early as we could. We's in an out, and on the way home we stop to get bagels, as she decides her new favorite thing is to have bagels and 'dip them' into cream cheese. I take her to finagle a bagel where we examine all the varieties of bagel. Not surprisingly, she stops me at chocolate and becomes transfixed by the bagel shooting to the cutting machine. If you don't know what I'm talking about it, you owe yourself a trip—they've set it up so that no human has to cut a bagel. They have a sharp saw blade spinning all the time (it's on the far end of the counter). Counterhelp up front find out what kind of bagel you want and drop it on the convey belt, to meet its untimely death by dissection.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Over
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 oz CHeese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews

Lunch
Tuna on a Whole Wheat "everything bagel"
2 oz cheese

Dinner
Flounder with Scallions
Greek Salad

AFter the bagel store, we went shopping at Bread & Circus where I bought up the whole store in preparation to make chicken soup, pesto, and generally act like a craven New Englander following my innate need to stock up on unnecessary items prior to a big snowstorm. I was going to try and get to the gym today, but I thought tomorrow, with its birthday party, looked like a better chance. As it was, I spent two hours at the JCC- only I was in the children's gym and didn't break a sweat.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds like a great bagel place. What do Ruby finally choose? Any exercise, I think, is better than no exercise. Love, MOM