Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Day 302: Day After Christmas/ 2nd Night of Chanukah

I got on the Detecto scale at my mother's house and it said 193. This may have led me to feel free to have today's Soy Cappucino. "But you look so skinny" is one of the things that I heard over and over again upon seeing lots of my relatives, and people in my family. That's a great thing, but it's not why I did this. Of course, every time someone says that, I think "yes, but why didn't you TELL ME HOW BAD I LOOKED BEFORE?" It made me think of the five top reasons for anyone to go on a diet and to stay on a diet:

1. Because it makes you feel better physically
2. Because it makes you feel better mentally
3. Gives you a feeling of accomplishment
4. So you can fit into your clothes/buy new clothes
5. So people will tell you look good

Breakfast
Slice of Bread with Cheddar Cheese (about 3 oz)

Lunch
Olives
Corned Beef, Salami, Onion and Eggs
More Cheddar Cheese
Heel of Bread

Snacks
Almonds & Cashews
Soy Cappuccino
30 Pistachios
1 Pear
A Few Slices of Clementine

Dinner
Brisket
Corned Beef
Spare Ribs
LOTS of Pickles
Some White Meat Chicken
Salad
Cole Slaw

Besides the temptation of the holidays themselves, there is also the transitions between houses. Emily and I always go on the "six city tour" which is really a three-city tour now, but it used to be a four-city tour and besides, six is funnier-sounding anyway. Traveling anytime with two children is already challenging, as is traveling between Long Island and New Jersey at any time, so adding them together can be stress-inducing. In order to coordinate the best possible napping or not-napping time, we may end up compromising when we should be eating, and then can add to the absent-minding eating, or the low-blood sugar situation that leads to eating the wrong things.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you're catching up on the blogs. I know that the holidays provide many challenges. You did great! You always looked good it's just that now you look terrific. I know it's hard to get back to reality for all of us. Love, MOM