Friday, December 23, 2005

Day 298: Thursday Before Break

As the holiday season rolls to its ultimate conclusion, it becomes harder to get a return call, professional customer service, or a parking spot anywhere near anywhere that sells anything that could be remotely considered a gift. I know for a fact that people in the corporate world start to evaporate yet someone scheduled (actually rescheduled a meeting for today at 4:00pm. Instinctively, I knew this meeting would not happen, and did my professional best to follow up with each person involved to see if they were still "on." Neither returned my phone call. My thoughts have been about next year's Christmas CD and whether or not I have enough room in my car for all the Balthazar bread I will have to buy.

Breakfast
Last two pieces of Balthazar Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
dunkin donuts coffee

Lunch
Broccoli feta omelet
five strips bacon

Dinner
rainbow trout
sweet potatoes
cashews

Amazingly, today's lunch made it unnecessary to eat until dinner, and even then I wasn't quite hungry. I must remember that if you want to not be hungry, eat the lunch I've described above...I probably should eat that the night before a fast. Of course, it will kill you quick, but it is filling.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad to see the blog is up to date again and sorry if I contributed in any way to making this trip home more difficult eating wise. My wish to satisfy all culinary desires sometimes outweighs my good sense. Forgive me. And cudos to you for managing under such difficult circumstances. I know it isn't over yet. But it was wonderful to have you all here. Love, MOM