Monday, December 12, 2005

287: Back to the Gym

Shoulder notwithstanding, I was determined to go to the gym today. Wasn't sure whether or not I could make the elliptical or whether or I'd have to the recumbent bike or whatever. I got dressed and went. When I got there, I was surprised that NOT ONE of the elliptical machines was occupied. How could this be? It wasn't the Christmas season, as this it the JCC. Undeterred by the absence of all people, I signed up for "D" (which is the machine positioned between two TV sets, so I never have to be trapped, though sometimes still am) and got on. I did an hour and five miles, which is a first.

Breakfast
Two Slices Balthazar Multi-grain bread
Peanut Butter
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheese
Tea

Snack
6oz yoplait raspberry
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
2 oz. Cracker Barrel Cheese
Assorted Dried Fruit (Apricots, Plums, Peaches)

Lunch
Chicken a la Emily
Cabbage
Peppadews

Dinner
Steak Tips
Broccoli

It was really a cinch to go five miles today—I could have gone six, but the time did not allow. I didn't really have a chest-heaving, tired, sweaty work out, just a very good to be back type of thing. I must get with the trainer, that will be new year's resolution, along with getting back to phase one for at least two weeks.

No comments: