Monday, December 19, 2005

294: Holiday Anxiety

Today was the first day that I realized that unlike Christmas gifts (all set, thanks) I have no Chanukah gifts for anyone I know or love. This is causing me to have a small aneurysm. Additionally, I continue to have a painful right-arm shoulder problem (which is absolutely aggravated by poker playing and blog writing) that plagues me much of the day.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Over Easy
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
9 Whole Grain Melba Toasts with Peanut Butter
2 Whole Grain Toasts with 1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese
1 Cameo Apple

Lunch
Romaine Lettuce
Feta Cheese
Tuna

Dinner
Chicken a la Em (Whole Wheat dredged and fried)
Brussel Sprouts (yummy)

Dessert That I Nearly Ate But Thought Better of It
Chocolate Cheesecake

I did go to the gym today and do 4 miles on the elliptical. Though my shoulder was killing me I could not stand the thought of descending into inactivity because of it. I knew I wasn't going to aggravate, and if last week was an example, it would probably help. I added my tiger balm, took my advils and got moving. Today's travesty on CNN was a 3-year old who died of the flu of her parents who wished they'd been advised by their pediatrician to get the flu vaccine. They formed a coalition called families fighting flu (http://www.familiesfightingflu.org/) which I support, but I've got to tell you, it makes that last mile just so much less pleasant.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Perhaps it would be best not to shovel snow while that shoulder is still inflamed....just a suggestion. Are you giving Chanukah and Xmas gifts to the same folks? Doesn't seem necessary does it? Love, MOM