Friday, December 02, 2005

277: A Very Unspectacular Thursday


Sorry to report that there is very little to report. I did realize, with some shock, that the Soy milk I have been on occasion drinking, contains SUGAR (well, Naturally Milled Organic Evaporated Cane Juice but what's the difference?). That's bad. It's not like milk doesn't contain sugars (lactose, for instance) but I thought I had discovered something good and good for me. You know the other day when I had a Starbucks Soy Cappuccino I thought "this sure is yummy," but I had that feeling of suspicion. A coworker hipped me to the fact that the Starbucks uses a soy with HONEY in it. Darn—another place where they have caught me trying to be good and plying me with sugar without my knowledge.

Breakfast
Two heels of multigrain bread
peanut butter
tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
65 pistachios
6 oz yoplait lite yogurt

Lunch
Shredded Pork with Cabbage, Peppers
Beef with Broccoli
Hot and Sour Soup

Dinner
Chicken South Beach a la Emily
Salad with Lemon-Ginger Balsamic Dressing

And you know, I don't really miss eating rice with my Chinese food, except that it makes it so much easier to sop up all the sugary MSG juice. That's the whole thing about the carbs. You don't really miss them from a 'craving' perspective, but they do make everything so convenient. That's why the Earl of Sandwich was so wise. He realized that you could get real frustrated eating roll-mops all the time, and that if you meat on bread it makes it much easier to do something else while you're eating, like read the newspaper, or surf the Internet. Okay, he didn't know that, but I do.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Who was it that said "Every thing I like is illegal, immoral or fattening....to which we have added or causes cancer." Alas, it's true. There is sugar everywhere. I continue to like the way you think about all of this. Love, MOM