Thursday, August 30, 2007

Year 3, Day 179, Vineyard Day Six

After last night's SoBe debacle, I got up this morning and walked to the Katama market instead of driving. It's about 1.5 miles each way, so it was a good walk. It won't make up for yesterday (or today, for that matter) but I know that every little bit helps, physically and psychologically.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch:
Hamburger
Salad

Snacks
Popcorn at Oak Bluffs
Dried fruit
almonds, cashews
fruit nut chew
sahale sanck
few slices of zucchini bread
crumb cake

Dinner
Ribs, Brisket
Salad
Glass of wine

Today's plan was to have my Mom, her SO, and my brother and his family, who were vacationing in ever-so-near Cape Cod come over on the ferry and hang out with us. We initially thought we were going to take them out to Edgartown or Oak Bluffs and go shopping, but we decided at the last minute to just bring them to our house to hang out. Fortunately, we had told them to bring their swim suits! I had the good presence of mind to go shopping (again!) for stuff for the grill. Amazingly, really amazingly, the grill at this house was EXACTLY the same as the grill I purchased in 2003 when I bought my house but used only once. For some reason, this one is easy and I'm really getting the hang of the grill thing. We had a great time with everyone swimming, and snacking, and resting and having a good time. We had set up the golf game and David helped me set up the badminton net that my brother in law had left for us. He beat me, but it was good exercise.

No comments: