Friday, August 03, 2007

Year 3, Day 152: Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee

For some reason, I was remembering an absolute obsession with frozen cake products in the late 70s and 80s, mostly Sara Lee and Pepperidge Farm. For Sara Lee it was All Butter Pound Cake (why haven't they followed Sugar Pops and changed the name of that product!) and Pecan Coffee Cake. For Pepperidge Farm it was their line of double layer chocolate cakes with white frosting or white cakes with chocolate frosting. My brother and I used to make them disappear. In an effort to stop this from happening at so rapid a rate, my mother banished them to the refrigerator in the back of the utility room. But it didn't help-- we just kept sneaking in there and eating it. I can't remember ever getting sick, but I do remember skipping a lot of dinners.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.25)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack:
3 Sticks Beef jerky
125 Pistachios
3 cups Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner:
Salad
Chicken Breast

When I'm writing, I like to eat. I'll be doing a lot of writing in the next few months. This does not spell good news for the nut eating. I'll have to stock up on gum.

No comments: