Monday, August 13, 2007

Year 3, Day 162: Bad Day, Saved by Tennis

Today was just another typical 100-almond day that was going nowhere fast. I have been having trouble with the almonds because writing makes me want to do something with my mouth; chewing gum and eating jerky only go so far. I also ate all my popcorn. Things got worse when I got home and Ruby told me she was having 'chocolate' for dessert. "What chocolate?" I asked. "The bar" she said. I asked Emily what that was, and discovered a humongous Hershey's bar in the cabinet. "How much does she get?" I asked Emily. "Four Squares" she answered. Unfortunately for me, the four squares on top of Ruby's were cut in half, and you know the rule- you have to eat those, you can't just leave them there, all cut in half. Then I remembered I had recently purchased Consumer Report's best dark chocolate and I said "Ruby, do you want to try some really good dark chocolate?' She said yes. I told her that dark chocolate was better for you than regular milk chocolate. She was eating some and then asked me "What's in dark chocolate that makes it better for you?" I replied, thinking I was about to kick a soccer ball into an unguarded net "It's not what it's IN it, but what's NOT in it-- Milk." She paused for a moment and then said. "I thought you said milk was good for you." I replied "It is, but it's sugar and milk. Now don't be so smart." I gave Magnolia a piece of dark chocolate and just told her it was chocolate. I tried a piece of chocolate halavah I got at an Armenian store in Watertown. It wasn't very good, and being five days old, I tossed it.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($4.70)
Romaine, red pepper, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
6 Sticks Beef Jerky
2 oz 50% jalapeno cheddar
3 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
100 ALmonds (Tamari & Regular)

Dinner:
Turkey Crumble & Lettuce LEaves

Dessert
Assorted Lite, Dark Chocolates, Chocolate Halavah

Then Emily suggested we play tennis at night, which I said yes to automatically, For the first time in years, I took the first set and she took the second set. 6-3, 4-6. I could have taken in her that second set, but it was not to be.

No comments: