Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Year 3, Day 84: Sick!

I guess I passed out a few times over the night. Very bad. Not sure exactly what happened; it had something to do with the worst leg cramp I've ever had. Usually they wake me up, but then they go away. This one just went on and on and on. Until I guess I fell out of the bed (and consequently chipped my tooth). Emily couldn't wake me, and as she was doing the old cheek-slapping bit, I guess Ruby came in and asked if everything was OK. Emily called 911. When I came to, she told me to get dressed and come downstairs because they would soon be here. I must say the firemen (where were the paramedics?) were awfully gruff with me. It boiled down to: did I want to go to the hospital? Answer: I did not.

I stayed home from work; stayed in bed. Took a break only to go see the doctor, who I am not crazy about. No surprise, they couldn't tell us anything. I went home and got in bed.

8 Saltines
1 Slice of White Toast
Tea
Gatorade
Banana
1 Bite of Apple-Banana-Strawberry Applesauce

I managed to keep track of what I was eating, but unlike the few other stomach/GI illnesses I have had since starting the program, this time I literally could only focus on the worst possible (read anti-South Beach) things: white toast, gatorade, saltines. I made my peace with it and tried to focus on getting better. The day after, we were all convinced it was the Blue Ribbon salad. My sister-in-law even lodged a complaint. The irony of irony: Blue Ribbon's response was "we get our salad from Russo's."

No comments: