Friday, May 18, 2007

Year 3, Day 79: Poker

Once again I approach my monthly card game, and once again I must strenuously avoid eating nuts and/or popcorn throughout the day. When you've fallen into a food rut, it sometimes gets very hard to get out of. I realized today that I should not be thinking of the card game as a time to have an orgy of nuts or food, though I realize that I have, in a scaled-down, and more nutritious fashion, been allowing myself to do that. What I should be doing is allowing myself a few extra calories should I NEED them, not planning on eating them. Shame on me. Why doesn't anyone write to tell me that?

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.81)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
1 cameo apple
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
2 sticks beef jerky

Dinner/Poker
Tamari Almonds
Almonds & Cashews
Pistachios
Popcorn
2 Moo-shi Pork
Double Cooked Pork
Beef Teryaki
Boneless Spareribs

Even if you count the Chinese food as a wash for dinner at about 700 calories, you can't think that the three kinds of nuts and or popcorn is good—it's got to total over a 1,000 calories for the night. I really need to bring a lot of celery sticks to the next game. Maybe that will help.