Sunday, May 06, 2007

Year 3, Day 67: A Hard Workout

Workout was hard today. Result of a lot of sugar I suspect. Found it hard to get in a groove. I was using a different machine. Aside from the 6.5 miles in 66.30 minutes, I did 80 ab crunches and 15 Squat Thrusts, that made me see blue stars and feel wobbly. Is that a good thing? On the plus side I got there early and so I was done by 10:30am.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Cheerios
Strawberries
Blueberries
1 Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Postworkout Snack
6 oz Stonyfield
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut butter

Lunch
Big, Big Salad
Breast of Chicken

Snack
.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
2 Slices of Cameo Apple

Dinner
Jalapeno Cheddar Burger
Cauliflower
Plus a few bites of corn, hot dog prepared for the kids

Dessert
1 oz Nuts
1/2 Bar Dark Spicy Aztec Chocolate Bar (Strange but Good)

I have gotten into a dark chocolate groove. Though its health benefits are not in dispute, the thought that I would go out to the shed, wrap my stomach in cellophane and eat all the chocolate I buy at one time is not very far off from reality. There is not too much I have trouble resisting in the dessert world, but dark chocolate is pretty hard to pass up, and worse when you start eating it. Tonight's experiment was weird enough that I could resist it, though.

No comments: