Monday, May 21, 2007

Year 3, Day 82: Anxiety=Out of Control

Mondays are hard, but this one had more than the usual amount of angst. For starters, Cupcake the Guinea Pig had to be returned and there was a tearful goodbye. Then we were waiting for the call at work. We were on pins and needles all day. It finally came at 5pm. By then I had eaten every snack in the room. It was inconclusive; back to the nuts.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
6 Beef Jerky
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
1 Stick Barbecue

Lunch: Russo's ($5.41)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Breast of Chicken
Broccoli & Cauliflower

Dessert
A few bites of moldy pie
almonds & cashews
chocolate pudding

I may not have explained it to you all, but there is one particular player at our card game, I'll call him "Dave" who insists on getting dessert all the time. And not just ANY dessert, but Pie. Though he is pathologically late, he always wants to stop at the farm stand en route and get a pie for thirteen dollars. Now let me stop you. If everyone at the game wanted to eat pie, I'd be all for it. But they don't. As a result, there is always left-over pie and "Dave" wants us to chip in for the pie. It's ridiculous but every time there's pie. This time, since the pie was Strawberry-Rhubarb, which is my absolute fave kind of pie in the whole world, I decided I would take it home, rather than foist it upon "Dave" to take home as punishment. Of course, by Monday, when it's farm-stand pie (read: made without preservatives) you really shouldn't eating it after three days when it wasn't refrigerated. Well, I've been on a dessert kick and I did eat a bunch of it and then I looked down and noticed that it was really, really ripe with mold. I tossed it in the trash and then worried myself sick until I fell asleep, concerned the volume of mold would cause me to kick the bucket. Ordinarily I'm not this fragile, but there's been a work situation...

No comments: