Monday, May 14, 2007

Year 3, Day 75; Sore After Three Hours of Tennis

Boy, I didn't think I'd be sore but today I could barely get up I was crotchety and creaky. Mostly gluts and thighs; I felt quite old, but also good to have worked our hard enough to be aching. I must get more tennis in. Last time Emily and I played, she was not up to three hours worth.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 Cameo Apple
.5 Oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Russos's ($5.53)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Old, Salty Tilapia
Lots of Salad
A few bites of Burger

After dinner Ruby complained of a stomach pain. I suggested we 'walk it off', which are words that would never have been uttered once a long time ago. We walked past the T-ball game in progress where I inappropriately glowered at all the folks on my park and we walked to the new mall of Omaha steaks, Jos. A. Banks and Panera bread. At Omaha steaks, three very bored salespeople leapt to sell me on a refrigerated room full of meat, kept in retail-style boxes. The one with the worst skin and halitosis was nearly on top of me, asking if I wanted to know more about the product. The store is about the size of a large dorm room so I nearly had to step back to make sure we didn't collide. I asked him if the steaks were organic, and in a deft, mournful teenage mumble he said 'no, not organic' waited one second out of respect, then continued on into his rambling sales speech. Ruby and I took a few flyers and moved onto Jos. A. Banks where we got a slightly more roomy treatment from a higher-level of sales person. After that, I took her to Panera, where I bought her a chocolate chip cookie and some milk. We sat down at a table facing the sunset and I read her passages from the Omaha steak catalog. Then, both aching, me from the tennis, and her from her stomach, both limped home, laughing, as the T-ball parents drove away. And I glared at them again.

No comments: