Monday, May 07, 2007

Year 3, Day 68: 100 Almonds Break Record

By my estimate, 21 large almonds is 1 oz or 170 calories. Assuming these tamari almonds are half size (I'll allow) it would still be an additional 500 calories in one day. I guess if you then subtract a second snack like an apple or popcorn (which could range from the 100-200 calorie range) you'd still have an extra 300 calories, and that's still not good. What can I tell you? Stress eating+proximity to almonds=overdoing it. The truth is tamari almonds are like crack. Please don't start eating them, you'll never stop. Really. There was a billboard in Kenmore Square that used to say "We Make You Us". I never understood it, until now, when I am secretly making you seek out tamari almonds so you too can be hooked.

Breakfast
3 oz. Jane's Homemade Bread
4 Slices Virginia Ham
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.41)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
100 tamari Almonds
3 sticks beef jerky
1 dark chocolate m&m

dinner
tilapia
leeks

dessert
1/2 square of spicy Aztec chocolate

I've also noticed that what you eat for breakfast makes a big difference about the nature and frequency of your hunger later in the day. A big egg breakfast is proven to be a winner, but I'm sticking with the cereal for the best for me. I'll keep trying, but expect recidivism.

No comments: