Saturday, June 03, 2006

Year 2, Day 96: Turkey Wraps and the new Lettuce

I'll tell you that while Emily has become a great cook, I love the turkey-crumble wraps the most. I'm not sure why, but I theorize that it has something to do with my nearly mystical love of Tacos. It also is very much like eating a sandwich, which is a sensation I miss mostly for the convenience but something I think about a lot. I realize that I could eat them nearly every day and Emily could tell you that I like leftovers about as much as like a broken septic tank, but I couldn't wait to get at them today.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Over Easy
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
Green Tea

Snack
1 Light Rye Rye Vita Cracker
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee
1 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
1 Stick Celery, 1 Tablespoons SCPB

Lunch
Emily's Kickedup Cabbage Wraps

Dinner
Steak Tips
Peppadews
Broccoli

From strangenewproducts.com:

Crispy Lettuce Wraps

President's Choice, a Canadian brand of food products, introduced new "Crispy Lettuce Wraps", leaves of hybrid lettuce for the purpose of making low-carb bread-free burgers.

Because so many carb-conscious people are using lettuce leaves in lieu of hamburger buns, Loblaws Inc., which owns the President's Choice brand, decided to sell lettuce leaves designed expressly for this purpose.

They claim it's a versatile cross between Romaine and Iceberg lettuce flexible enough for folding, but still crispy.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What next? If you get a chance see Gore's movie on global warming. It's dynamite. Love, MOM

Don in CA said...

We used to shop at Loblaws (which we pronounced "Low-Blaws" when I was a kid. years later I learned it was "Law-blaws" and the president of the company's name was Bob. Bob Loblaw. Say that fast a few times!
A little piece of my dark Canadian past.....d/