Friday, June 23, 2006

Year 2, Day 116: Trip to NY for the Graduation

Up early and to the gym. There's no reason if I have sit in a car all day I can't try and raise my metabolism beforehand. I do four point five miles in about forty-five minutes. I got home, showered, packed, ran around a like a chicken, got in the car and got on the road. We are getting better at planning more sobe-friendly snacks. Oddly, since Magnolia, we have been getting on the road at 11 or 12, which is bad because it's also time for lunch. This time we brought chicken breasts, grilled asparagus, and more. I brought a fluffernutter for Ruby. She ate about 75% of it.

Pre-Gym Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
2 Slices Ham
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Post Gym Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean
1 Cup Heritage Flakes
1 Cup Silk Unsweetened Soy milk
1 cup blueberries and strawberries

Lunch/Car:
Chicken Breasts
Asparagus
3 Handfuls of Almonds/Cashews
2 oz. Popcorn
1.5 oz. Cracker Barrel Cheese

Pre and Post Tennis Snack
2 Sticks Celery with Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Dinner
Sashimi: Salmon, Tuna, Whitefish, Octopus, Yellowtail
Bok Choy a la Amy
Beef with Snowpea pods

When we landed in New Jersey, there was already a tennis match in progress. Emily and drove right there and we traded me for Emily's sister Amy (already on the court). I took the first game from my brother in law but then had my hat handed to me, 1-6. I took a break after Magnolia took her nap and Emily returned for a bout. Then I played a second set, with marginally better results, still holding my hat, 2-6. I am not ready for prime time on the court, but I sure did love all that exercise. I must say the best feeling was being able to play two sets, and run for balls, and cover the court, and not feel like I'm going to have a heart attack. If you knew me back when, you would know I always thought I was this close (me holding thumb and forefinger about a half-inch apart). After so much exercise, I was ravenously hungry and ate my weight in mediocre sushi.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sorry about the sushi....but delighted to hear about your exercise endurance. Great! Hope you had a good visit and congratulations again to Molly! Love, MOM