Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Year 2, Day 120: Green Fields

Originally, the Domania gang was determined to eat some barbecue and enjoy it on our back picnic table. However, unrelenting rain killed that idea so still hoping for grilled meat, we set out for Green Fields as a last-minute replacement. The upside was that it was Brazilian barbecue. The downside is that it's all you can eat buffet with constant attention from sword-wielding waiters carrying spears of cooked meat. With the greatest of restraint, I only made one trip to the salad bar (even though I took nearly all SoBe friendly veggies) but I did indulge in the meat somewhat. It's very difficult to say no when there is an endless array of tantalizing, freshly cooked foods being thrown at you. The best thing I can say is that unlike my co-workers, I did not need to go to Starbucks afterward, to fend off the dreaded "I ate too much and now feel sleepy" syndrome. I did think I would skip the snack later that afternoon, but alas, it was not to be.

Breakfast

1 Cup Kashi Go Lean
1 Cup Heritage Flakes
1 Cup Strawberries/Blueberries
1 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Sticks Celery, 2 Tblpsn Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: Green Fields
1 Sausage
1 Beef Kebob
2 Chicken Pieces
1 Pork Loin Piece
Eggplant, Chickpeas
Collard Greens, Red Beans
Cucumbers, Peppers

Dinner:
Emily's Chicken Shreds with Ginger Scallion & Hot Sesame Oil
Cabbage Leaves

I was in no shape to eat dinner and just had a little bit of what Emily made though it was great, but I had to quit quite early in the meal. I made a mental note to get more walks in this week.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think you're doing great. Life is full of difficult moments like this...and getting more exercise is a really good way to balance them out. Bravo encore!S Love, MOM