Sunday, June 11, 2006

Year 2, Day 104: The Unveiling

This Post Dedicated to My Grandmother Sylvia.

Day to get up, get dressed in a suit, get packed, into the car, don't forget anything, clean your room, etc. While my brother and I were in our home in Great Neck, we made a valiant attempt to clean up his old room, which had lately become the repository of everything from mail to discarded toys and various failed electronica (a copying machine, for instance). We worked hard, and I came hope with some toys for the girls and box of stuff for me. Everything was a bit of a crazy rush but I did discover (thanks to my brother) a new light Soy Milk called 8th Continent. In a side by side comparison with Silk Unsweetened Soy Milk, the 8th Continent had less grams of fat and less sugars. Upon inspection of the ingredients, I noted that 8th Continent contains sucrolose, which is also known as Splenda. THAT explains why they don't sell it at Whole Foods; and why I probably shouldn't be drinking it. When farmers are feeding your cows corn, you really don't need to look for additional ways to put the wrong kind of thing into your body. I will finish the bottle, though.

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/2 cup Oat Flakes/Oatios
1 cup 8th Continent Light Soy Milk
1 cup Strawberries/blueberries

Snack
2 oz. Jalapeno Jack Cheese

Lunch: Unveiling Spread (Dairy)
Greek Salad with Tuna Salad, Egg Salad and Whitefish Salad
American Cheese
Strawberries
Decaf Coffee

Dinner
Three Eggs
1/2 Chicken Chorizo Sausage
Tablespoon Salsa
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain
2 oz. Jalapeno Jack cheese

It was a big cheese day. It started when we got back from the unveiling and the food had not arrived yet. I knew I was going to have a Low-Blood-Sugar moment, so I nipped into the car and cut myself a wedge of cheese. Then, as is so often the case with these gatherings, you eat your lunch, and then you're just hanging around, talking, chatting, and the plates of food are just beckoning you to eat them, and you oblige them. At one point, the cinnamon bobke was calling so loud to me that I couldn't hear the civilized conversation being addressed to me; I had to leave the room so I could concentrate. After that, we headed home, where I got to enjoy some of the new Balthazar bread I scored from MOM. Overall it was a good weekend, though I really thought I was going to get a chance to get on my Mom's treadmill, but it never happened. From a SoBe perspective, it wasn't great: I ate twice the calories and didn't get to the gym. Hopefully, I get a lot of walks in this week at work.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hello from Washington,D.C. It only took them two hours to get my internet connected. Would you believe no wireless and at a Hilton in the nation's capitol. It only reflects from the top down. By the way there is a Ruth's Chris near here. I didn't believe the spelling until I saw it for myself. Love, MOM