Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Year 2, Day 8—Cashews: A Love Story

CLOSE UP
Jar of freshly opened, plump, oven-roasted, salty cashews

CUT TO:
Robert's Eyes

SLOW PAN BACK TO CASHEWS, THEN:

Robert, trying not to look

CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC

ROBERT:
I wish I could quit you! (He slams his fist on the table in anger)

* * * *

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean
1/4 Ezekiel 4.9
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Tea (Twinings Darjeeling)

Snack
Coffee (half decaf)

Lunch: Wonton Kitchen
Beef & Broccoli
House Special Egg Drop Soup (Chicken, Tofu, Shrimp)

Dinner:
Emily's Wheat-Flour Dredged Chicken
Crazy Broccoli, Cauliflower and Celery Stir-Fry

Today I returned to no snacks in between meals and it was good. But aside from the close call with cashews, there was a love song to pistachios:

Pistachios (to the tune of Julia by the Beatles)
Half of what I say is meaningless
but I say it just to reach you
pistachios

Pistachio
salted, calls me....

1 comment:

Mom said...

Your comments on the nuts bring to mind the great short story that I believe was entitled "Lenninger vrs the Ants." On the screen it was the "Naked Jungle." Anyway, great work... you are emerging as a victor against the nasty hordes. Love, MOM
PS How is your supply of BB?