Thursday, March 23, 2006

Year 2, Day 23: Rejection and Dejection

...or Thank God for Susan Lucci. Today I found out (the hard way) that my play had not been accepted for a local playwriting contest. I usually get the rejection letter in the mail, but I was fed up with waiting so I went to check the Web site and lo and behold, the list of plays was there—minus mine. I may have lost count, but I think this may have been my seventh attempt. I think maybe I need to 'get the message.' Saddened and depressed, I turned to the box of strawberry yogurt cheerios and had four handfuls that I stuffed in my mouth, like the first monster in Ghostbusters. It temporarily made me feel better.

Breakfast
2 nearly hard boiled eggs
2 small slices balthazar bread
tea

Snack
tea with honey
1 small banana

Lunch: Peter's
Greek Salad with Chicken and Feta

Afternoon Ephemera
6 oz. plain yogurt
3 tablespoons super chunky peanut butter
3 bugles

Dinner
Brown Rice,
Chicken
Cabbage and Sprouts

This morning I was not up to one of my usual breakfasts so I thought I'd go with eggs and toast, which while it was always a favorite breakfast of mine, is one I have not eaten a lot of since I started the diet. I would usually eat either eggs or toast, but not both together. But I tell you, they are great together. At lunch I was quite hungry and when I got home early from work (so Emily could take Ruby to her swim lesson) I was starving. As with my last illness, I thought I would be less hungry forever, but as today proved, that was not the case.

No comments: