Monday, March 20, 2006

Year 2, Day 20: Skating a Sweat

Though Ruby had a choice between the "Barbie Show" at the Benneton store at the Mall or the rather unglamorous ice skating at the local rink, she chose ice skating. Having already been to the gym this day, I was fully limbered up and ready to go. We set out for adventure. Last Saturday we had gone ice skating as part of a school event, but it started at 7pm and by 8pm we were all ready to thrown in the very cold towel. This time public skating opened at 2pm and we were there. We skated the whole two hours with just a 10 minute break for the zamboni man and a few breaks for cookies and popcorn. Ruby never gave up, even when I told her that her "old man was tired." After five miles at the JCC (4.5 miles on the elliptical and 6 times around the track); it was a good day from an exercise perspective, which is good because I was eating like my hair was on fire.

Breakfast
1 cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/4 cup Grape Nuts
1 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
Tea

Pre-Gym Snack
Coffee with U.S.M.
1 crust of Challah with Super Chunky Peanut Butter
(And admittedly some french toast with syrup)
1/2 oz Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch:
Emily's Char
Big Green Salad with Sprouts
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Flavi Cracker

Skating Rink Snack:
1 Popcorn

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Emily's Crazy Cabbage
1 small piece of Corned Beef

Finale
A banana (That Mangolia fooled me into opening when she had little interest in eating the whole thing)

I have been just super hungry lately. Stress, anxiety, the coming of the spring, the lengthening of the day, who knows— but the evenings have been particularly trying. It could be because I'm due to MC a show this weekend and have been remiss in preparing for it. But for those who know me, that's to be expected. I've always been a sort of last-minute guy.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sunday's are usually tough eating days. I'm not sure why. But skating is a joy and I'm so pleased that you and Ruby are having so much fun with it. Emily and Sarah watch out! Love, MOM