Sunday, March 19, 2006

Year 2, Day 19: Carnival of Cheese

Today Ruby and I went to a Carnival at a local church. It wasn't much different than I expected, but Ruby and I did split a cone of popcorn while we were shuffling through the mad hordes trying to play ring toss, bean bag toss, decorate the cookie and make a bracelet. I know there are harder things to do in the world, but after two hours in a windowless basement of the church, I was literally spent. I actually had to take a nap. Then afterwards it was back up and to the playroom at the mall.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
4 Slices Ham
3 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Lunch:
Red Leaf Lettuce
Feta
Tuna Salad
1 Cracker
3 oz. 50% Reduced Cheddar (Not Jalapeno)

Mid-Day Snacking
1/2 Cone Popcorn (about 1.5 oz)
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
3 Tblspns Super-Chunky Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
1 Coke Zero
1 String Cheese

Dinner
4 Slices of Ham
2 oz. 50% Reduced Cheddar Cheese

By the time we got the kids fed and in bed it was so late that we didn't have any energy (or much appetite) to have any dinner. Knowing that I should eat something, I finished off the ham and that was it. Though it was a fairly anticlimactic way to end the day (we were originally going to get take out from Pho Pasteur); it was better than eating a big meal I didn't want or need. Sadly, I used to do just that all the time in the past, and especially on Saturday nights.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You have performed amazingly as a good father. I'm sure Ruby is delighted. It's exhausting even for those who aren't trying to watch what they eat. Bravo! Love, MOM