Sunday, March 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 27: Another Triathalon

Today, aside from doing 5 miles at the gym (4.5 elliptical, half a mile around the track), I went for a two-hour ice-skate with Ruby. (Okay, we took off twenty minutes for the Zamboni, which she calls 'the machine' and a few breaks just for the hell of it). Naturally, when we got home, she wanted to ride her bike. Don't these kids ever get tired? It ended when she insisted on playing some five year old's version of chicken and crashed into me. We fell quite a bit on the ice too, which was too bad since like a bad father I forgot to bring her gloves. She said she wants to take ice skating lessons. I keep forgetting that there are cheaper sports...

Breakfast
3 Eggs
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
3 oz. Jalapeno Cheddar (50%)
Tea

Snack
Coffee with Unsweetened Soy Milk
4 Handfuls of Cheerios (I'd approximate 1 cup)

Lunch
Omelet with Broccoli and 50% Cheddar and Avocado
2 small slices Balthazar bread with butter
Red leaf salad with feta
3 tlbs super chunky peanut butter
1 prune

Skating Snack
popcorn

Dinner
Emily's Tilapia
Celery, Sprouts, Cabbage

Today at the gym I noticed a woman in front of me on the treadmill. She looked somewhat like a bad version of Edie Falco (from the Sopranos) but was dressed in a leopard skin top. She was doing some kind of hopping on the treadmill that recalled either a leprechaun doing a heel-toe dance or of Gepetto's puppets. It was the most incongruous treadmill behavior I have ever witnessed. She was doing this for all of 28 seconds when she started rubbing her neck. Then she calmed down, which was good, because she was distracting me. Also, CNN continues to be demotivational, especially when it's played on both television sets and there isn't much else to look at at the gym. That may be why the video iPod is the answer. More on that later.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm cautiously optimistic as my last message got through. The exercise is great....and kids just seem to be dynamos. It sounds like you're keeping up pretty well. Great. Love, MOMlvsurjwz