Saturday, December 24, 2005

Day 299: The Day Before The Day Before

It was a funny day, because I wasn't going to go into work on time; Ruby had a some kind of 'holiday party.' I thought it was going to be something I observed, but instead it was something where I had to get involved. I had to muster 16 kids through affixing cotton balls to paper plates with glue sticks and then adding glitter. By the time I got to work it was 11:30; soon after we had lunch; soon after that everyone dried up and went home to get ready for their last minute stuff. At 3:30 or so, I was the last person at the office.

Breakfast
1 Spelt English Muffin
Super-Chunky Peanut Butter
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
1 medium dunkin donuts coffee (half decaf)

Lunch
Beef with Broccoli
House Special Egg Drop Soup

Dinner
Omelet with Turkey Bacon,
50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 oz Cracker Barrel Cheese

By the time I got home (the traffic was horrendous) it was still early but we didn't know what to do. We couldn't go anywhere because the streets were clogged; we didn't want to cook and there was little in the house; we were going to order take out but we couldn't decide on anything. We ultimately decided to just 'eat what was in the closet.' Somewhat disappointing, but when you can separate your expectations from your reality, you can really enjoy it whatever it is you're forced, by destiny, to eat.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Judging from your whipping together omelet today I would say you're pretty talented and "whipping out things" from the closet. Love, MOM

P.S. I still don't understand word verification.